2019 FOSS4G Bucharest Talks speaker: Mauro Bartolomeoli
Creating Stunning Maps in GeoServer, with SLD, CSS, YSLD and MBStyles
Various software can style maps and generate a proper SLD document for OGC compliant WMS like GeoServer to use.
Several topics will be covered, providing examples in the various GeoServer styling languages, including:
- Mastering common symbolization, filtering, multi-scale styling
- Using GeoServer extensions to build common hatch patterns, line styling beyond the basics, such as cased lines, controlling symbols along a line and the way they repeat
- Leveraging TTF symbol fonts and SVGs to generate good looking point thematic maps
- Using the full power of GeoServer label lay-outing tools to build pleasant, informative maps on both point, polygon and line layers, including adding road plates around labels, leverage the labelling subsystem conflict resolution engine to avoid overlaps in stand alone point symbology
- Dynamically transform data during rendering to get more explicative maps without the need to pre-process a large amount of views.
The presentation aims to provide the attendees with enough information to master GeoServer styling documents and most of GeoServer extensions to generate appealing, informative, readable maps that can be quickly rendered on screen.
Introduction to MapStore, mashups made simple
MapStore is the Open Source product for creating, saving and sharing in a simple and intuitive way maps and mashups created selecting contents from public services like Google Maps and OpenStreetMap or other servers implementing OGC and ISO protocols. Thanks to MapStore the user can mix her own data with data available on the web to create comprehensive
maps and share them with anyone (also via social networks). MapStore2 is cross-browser, and mobile ready.
MapStore allows the user to:
* Manage maps (share, delete, search, create) and users through a front-end Manager.
* Create and navigate maps using a powerful and intuitive front end as map Viewer.
* Manage the embed-link, marker's injection, routes injection, time series Google Earth like, spatial queries and more.
* Interact with one or more Catalog Service for the Web (CSW).
You can also use MapStore as a framework to develop your custom WebGis application composing MapStore ReactJS components and components from other libraries (like React Bootstrap), choosing the best mapping library for your purposes.
The presentation will give the audience an extensive overview of the MapStore functionalities for the creation of mapping portals.
Crunching Data In GeoServer : Mastering Rendering Transformations, WPS Processes And SQL Views.
This presentation will provide the attendee with an introduction to data processing in GeoServer by means of WPS, rendering transformations and SQL views, describing real applications and how these facilities were used in them. We'll start with the basic WPS capabilities, showing how to build processing request based on existing processes and how to build new processes leveraging scripting languages, and introducing unique GeoServer integration features, showing how processing can seamlessly integrate directly in the GeoServer data sources and complement existing services.
Moreover, we will show how to integrate on the fly processing in WMS requests, achieving high performance data displays without having to pre-process the data in advance, and allowing the caller to interactively choose processing parameters.
While the above shows how to make GeoServer perform the work, the processing abilities of spatial databases should not be forgotten, so we will show how certain classes of processing can be achieved directly in the database.
At the end the attendee will be able to easily issue WPS requests both for Vectors and Rasters to GeoServer through the WPS Demo Builder, enrich SLDs with on-the-fly rendering transformations.