FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest Workshops speaker: Ian Turton
Becoming a Documentation Contributor
We always say that anyone can contribute to our projects by fixing the documentation. Often it turns out to be harder than we had hoped for non programmers to do this. This workshop will take participants through the basics of RST and Markdown as well as the tools to work with them and show how to make a pull request to get your changes into the projects documentation. Examples will be based on GeoServer and QGIS.
GeoServer Developers Workshop
GeoServer is an amazing project, and an amazing project to work with!
Please attend this workshop to:
- Get Started with the GeoServer codebase
- Orientation with a Tour of the GeoServer architecture
- Introduction the service dispatch framework, including creating your own service
- Built chain and test facilities
- Create a custom function for use with map styling
- Create a custom process for use with style transformations and web processing service
- Anatomy of a successful pull request
Attendees will build their own GeoServer, learn a bit about how our community operates, and enjoy extending the base application.
If you are a developer looking to support GeoServer, or join us for a sprint or bug-stomp, this workshop is great introduction.
This course features hands-on development. We encourage and expect you to bring your favourite Java development environment.
For a good time with open source join GeoServer today!